Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tired and sleeplessness

I wanted to write another post while there seems to be a little down time. I'm starting this on the flight, and I'll probably finish and post it either from the airport in Amsterdam or our camp (where we will be blessed with WiFi). Of course I'm a little tired. You can't be on a flight for nine hours where you change 7 time zones and not feel a little jet-lagged. But, I am so excited to see what God is going to do! I have been running over and over in my head a lot of things, but there are a few things I've been praying and thinking about.

I serve a mighty and awesome God! He has changed me and allowed me to be a vessel for His glory. I have spent some time on this flight making some additional notes for my testimony. As many of you know now, my paternal grandpa was diagnosed this week with stage 4 terminal cancer. How great to know this hope that we have. And how great to know that God can take a prodigal and use him to lead people to be His disciples.

God, how do I show these people your love? I know some of the situations and problems that are occurring, but how do I be God's love to these people? In the Disciple's Cross there is a resource that stems from the verses John 13:34-35: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another." God, help me to love them no matter their (or my) circumstances just as you have loved me.

Lord, give me your words. As seems to be happening more, I have been given several opportunities to speak. I will give my testimony, share the Disciple's Cross, and lead a devotional for our team. Through all of these I pray that I speak nothing but truth guided by the Spirit. I also pray that if there is another opportunity that His Spirit will fill my heart and guide my tongue.

God, go before us. You are our champion and Savior. You can change the hearts of people long before we are on the ground. I pray that the ground that we scatter the seed of your Word on is fertile. When the seed is planted, water it. Draw people unto You as we continue to praise you and lift up the name of your Son.

Blessings,
Chris Esau

No comments:

Post a Comment