Thursday, July 12, 2012

God's Faithfulness

This morning I am sitting in a very chilly room writing this post. The weather here is beautiful! It's grey, raining, and cool. Only someone that just left the heat and humidity (and lack of rain) would appreciate the weather here. We do pray that the rain would go away simply so that we can enjoy this place by playing outside with the kids and youth. We are all anxious to see Armand and Jarod play soccer!

We made it safely yesterday.
It was busy day going from the airport to this camp. We had plenty to unpack and sort, plans to discuss, and lots to pray about for this weekend. I am so thankful for how God has already blessed this trip. He brought more people from LA to help do His work. I am anxious to hear more of their stories. It is always good to meet other believers and ones who are learning about God's passion for missions. For most of them this is their first international mission trip, but I can already see that God is going to use them mightily.

There are so many reasons to praise our God, but He gives good gifts just like He said He would. Last night as I was going to sleep I kept thinking about the devtional that Kevin has asked that I lead for the team tomorrow morning. I had written in my notes that I wondered if it should be about adoption and all that Aimee and I have (and are continuing to) learned. This morning I woke up earlier than I really needed to, but that's usual for me. Once I get adjusted my alarm clock gets me up by 6am no matter the zone. As I lay in bed and prayed for the team His words poured over me. I will praise His name because He is faithful! I asked and received. I sought, He answered!!

Once I have given the devotional tomorrow I will post it in more detail. Be praying for today. The families will begin arriving this afternoon, we will have some fun times working with the kids while their parents settle in (pray for the rain to stop so we can be outside), and then Kevin will preach the first service. Pray that hearts will already be softened!

God is good!

Blessings,
Chris

P.S. It is beautiful here! We walked yesterday afternoon a couple miles to a a nearby village just to stretch our legs. I will hopefully have more pictures to post from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment