Friday, July 20, 2012

Back in the USA!

We are back!

It is something awesome to watch God move and work!! We were able to see Him save 41 people throughout the camp weekend, and He is still working on several more hearts. We are so thankful to once again be a part of God's plan.

As Randy Willis would ask, "What has changed about your world view and perspective due to this trip?"

Well...

1. His perfect plan is really perfect. I know Aimee and I have talked a lot about our plans and dreams and how God is changing that. We are learning that God's plan A is always better for us and His glory. So, with that thought what is God's plan A for us?

2. God really can use my story. He has been involved in my life in several ways. As I share those moments and stories with people the Spirit uses my story to resonate with their souls. It is still a mystery this thing called grace. "Each day I fall on my knees, 'cause Your grace still amazes me!"

3. While I am waiting on God, don't forget to see the details. I'm trying to journal more and review, but I learned on this trip that God is involved in the details not just the big dreams. I may miss some blessing in what I'm going through while I'm waiting on an answer, seeking a direction, or experiencing discipline.

4. "Keep my fork, the best is yet to come." Just like we eagerly await dessert after a meal, so I will wait on my Lord. He tells me the best is yet to come!

5. This is the last but maybe the biggest. Those of you who know me best know that I am type A and I LOVE lists! (Just look at this blog post!) So, Kevin asked me this week what is on my list that God has to get rid of before I can say yes to His will? What do I have there that is not His plan or His best? I'm still making that list so I can die to myself more and more.

So, what is God calling and expecting in my life now? I'm trusting that He will light the way before my feet as I seek, ask, and knock. I know that I need to do this more intentionally and deliberately. It has to be a constant, always sort of thing. It can't be a once every week or month thing if I really want to find His will for our lives.

I am so thankful for those that God puts in my life. This week as I came home with all these thoughts about our future and God's plan our Sunday School prayer list was waiting in my inbox. Here is the verse:

"But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God's grace." Act 20:24

So, while I am waiting, seeking, asking, and knocking God says to keep testifying. How will that work out for me in the future? He knows, and you be watching... The best is yet to come!

Blessings,
Chris Esau

No comments:

Post a Comment